In an international workcamp, 10 to 15 young adults are involved in a non-profit project for two to three weeks. For the volunteers, workcamps are an opportunity to get to know other cultures, volunteer abroad and make new friends.
As a project host, you can implement your work project inexpensively through a workcamp and at the same time enable intensive intercultural exchange with the local population: host young people from all over the world in your community for two to three weeks, meet different cultures and enrich everyday life for locals as well.
An international workcamp can also be a great incentive for local youth to get active and learn new things.
What are the conditions for local hosts?
We cooperate with independent organizations, city and municipal administrations, forest and nature conservation offices, youth and cultural centers or other associations or initiatives. A prerequisite for a project partnership is a work task that is meaningful and useful for the general public, participation in the financing of the project, and interest in international encounters on site.
Date and duration:
- two to three weeks
- free choice of dates from March to October
- working hours: 30 hours of work per week
- 8 to 16 young adults aged 18 and older (21 years old on average)
- 5 to 15 different nationalities (maximum two participants from the same country per project)
- the group is self-catering and organizes the leisure program independently
The local hosts provide:
- the work project (incl. material and work instructions, as well as safety clothing if necessary)
- simple accommodation (with sanitary facilities and cooking facilities)
- cost sharing according to duration and group size (example: 2 weeks, 12 volunteers: 2,500 EUR)
- Organization of the participants (call for volunteers, processing registrations, help with visa questions, preparation of the volunteers)
- training of 1 to 2 group leaders / instructors per camp
- Cost of free time activities and meals
- Liability, accident and health insurance for the group
What kind of work projects are suitable?
Basically, all non-profit tasks are suitable, as long as they can be implemented by motivated lay people with appropriate guidance. This includes, for example, projects in the following areas:
Environmental and nature protection: landscape maintenance or forest work, e.g. Planting, water purification, stream restoration, new construction and maintenance of hiking trails or educational trails
Construction and renovation: construction / repair of a children's playground, school yard redesign, renovation of youth facilities
(Cultural) historical projects: help with archaeological excavations, restoration of listed buildings, work in the area of memorials, open-air museums
Social and educational projects: participation in children's holiday games / children's play cities, support or leisure activities for people with disadvantages or for older people
Art and culture: Help with festivals, wall painting campaigns or exhibitions
Contact us now!
Are you interested becoming a local host and inviting an international workcamp to your community? Do you have further questions about possible projects? Simply contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0711 - 649 02 63.
The contact person for the coordination of all workcamps in Germany is Verena Deutsch.
We would also be happy to come to you for a non-binding discussion to discuss cooperation opportunities and possible work assignments in more detail.