We cooperate with independent organizations, city and municipal administrations, forest and nature conservation offices, youth and cultural centers or other associations or initiatives. A prerequisite for a project partnership is a work task that is meaningful and useful for the general public, participation in the financing of the project, and interest in international encounters on site.
Date and duration:
- two to three weeks
- free choice of dates from March to October
- working hours: 30 hours of work per week
- 8 to 16 young adults aged 18 and older (21 years old on average)
- 5 to 15 different nationalities (maximum two participants from the same country per project)
- the group is self-catering and organizes the leisure program independently
The local hosts provide:
- the work project (incl. material and work instructions, as well as safety clothing if necessary)
- simple accommodation (with sanitary facilities and cooking facilities)
- cost sharing according to duration and group size (example: 2 weeks, 12 volunteers: 2,500 EUR)
- Organization of the participants (call for volunteers, processing registrations, help with visa questions, preparation of the volunteers)
- training of 1 to 2 group leaders / instructors per camp
- Cost of free time activities and meals
- Liability, accident and health insurance for the group
Basically, all non-profit tasks are suitable, as long as they can be implemented by motivated lay people with appropriate guidance. This includes, for example, projects in the following areas:
Environmental and nature protection: landscape maintenance or forest work, e.g. Planting, water purification, stream restoration, new construction and maintenance of hiking trails or educational trails
Construction and renovation: construction / repair of a children's playground, school yard redesign, renovation of youth facilities
(Cultural) historical projects: help with archaeological excavations, restoration of listed buildings, work in the area of memorials, open-air museums
Social and educational projects: participation in children's holiday games / children's play cities, support or leisure activities for people with disadvantages or for older people
Art and culture: Help with festivals, wall painting campaigns or exhibitions
Are you interested becoming a local host and inviting an international workcamp to your community? Do you have further questions about possible projects? Simply contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 0711 - 649 02 63.
The contact person for the coordination of all workcamps in Germany is Clémentine Boiffier.
We would also be happy to come to you for a non-binding discussion to discuss cooperation opportunities and possible work assignments in more detail.